Saturday, August 21, 2010

Columbus Home y más

Looking forward to going back to my Columbus home. I am ultra excited about this year coming up. I am looking forward this next chapter in our lives. Yesterday I was listening to a message on-line and the preacher said that Faith isn't the absence of doubt, but rather it's the act of moving forward in the face of doubt and fear. Just because fear and doubt exist doesn't mean that we lack faith. I am ready to jump into the next phase of our lives that God has for us. I don't want to just go through the motions of life and never really live.

I hope to get more involved with the Latino/Hispanic community in Columbus this coming school year. I am excited to learn more about what God is doing in that area of our city.

This summer I have learned that God has given me a great confidence in speaking Spanish. I think I've been waiting for this moment for the last 14 years since I started learning Spanish. It's not that I've reached a point where I know it all, but I just feel a new comfort around Spanish speakers that I haven't felt before. I feel sure of my abilities and sure that I can communicate in a myriad of different situations without getting stuck.

I've also learned this summer more about being a good mommy. I've learned to involve Adah in what I do, and try to focus on her world and what she's learning more and more. She's 16 months old now, which is amazing. I still think sometimes how blessed I am to be Adah's mommy. She fills my day with so much joy and accomplishment. Having her here in the midst of so many people who love her too is a beautiful thing to watch. I'm going to miss the companionship of being able to walk out my door and have so much and so many people for Adah to explore.

Something else that I have realized is what a blessing it is to be a part of all that God is doing to save lives here in Rosarito and Tijuana. Through my service, people's lives are being changed. Although I'm doing the grueling and tedious background work the majority of the time, I am able to derive so much joy out of that because I know what the end result is.

Praise the Lord for another amazing summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment