Monday, December 5, 2011

Abide

Today, the plan will be to abide in Christ.

From John 15:

Remain in me, and I will remain in you.  No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine.  Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.


I am the vine; you are the branches.  If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do NOTHING.


At times in my life, abiding seems to come so easily to me, and at other times, it seems out of reach.  Why do I spend so much time struggling and striving to find my way on my own, apart from the power of God?  I feel so discombobulated, so strung out when I'm out there trying to do anything apart from Christ.   Even going to the grocery store can be a challenge done apart from Christ.  I need his power in all things. Either I believe this or I don't believe it.

What I say I believe is not what I believe...what I believe is what I do.

Lord, let what I do today...be to abide in you.

1 comment:

  1. I relate to this completely! It seems so easy and simple to just remain in Him, and then I find myself at the end of the rush of the day sometimes realizing I did not acknowledge Him at all.

    ReplyDelete