Wednesday, July 1, 2009

beach day!

This will be a quick one.  Today was our beach day!  It was pretty fun we had lunch on Coronado Island and hung out all day there.  The water was freezing as always yet better than sweating out in the hot sun.  Basically every one here this summer went and we all had a great time.  I being the cool guy that I am decided to wear my old swim trunks that were a little worn.  While playing a little team game of lets keep the volleyball up for a long time the shorts finally had enough and ripped where else but by the crotch.  Thankfully I had another pair of shorts to wear over them and crisis averted.  There was a time actually two times when it seemed like the ocean decided not to make a noise.  The waters would constantly crash against the sand giving this white noise.  However there was a time when it seemed as if the waves stopped.  It was eery and I seriously thought to myself for the 2 seconds the noise stopped "is this the end?"  You know like the end of the world.  It was pretty neat.  I'm not sure why I'm sharing this.  I guess cause for that very brief moment it felt like the world stopped.  The ocean decided to quit and I just made me think of could the of the world be like this.  Everything even the oceans themselves pause and acknowledge the Master.  God is that great and I am so blessed to be able to serve Him.  He is so powerful commander of all things here on earth yet He takes the time to speak to me and listen to me and help me.  Wow what a great God we serve.  

Peace,

Linn Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment