Sunday, July 5, 2009

Twisted ankle!

So I stepped out of the house today, landed weird on my foot, and rolled my ankle.  It immediately started swelling!  I was holding Adah in her sling, and thank God, she didn't fall out onto the gravel.  The angels were protecting us.  I just landed on my bum.  My ankle doesn't hurt unless I walk on it, put weight on it, or move it.  Other than that, it's all good. : )  Having gone through a long labor with Adah only 2 1/2 months ago, it really doesn't seem that bad!

I still have a cold, but I'm more focused on my ankle, so it's not as bad.  We have one team coming in this week from Canada.  They just arrived and will be headed to evening chapel, then to bed.  They DROVE here from Canada on a big bus.  That's what I call a long drive!  We're thankful that they are here to do ministry this week.  There are so many churches here that are desperate for teams to come and help out at their church.  They don't get a lot of support, so they are so thankful when the teams come to help them out.  And we always end up getting blessed so much in return!  One of the team members from the US a couple weeks ago said that he feels like he spends his whole year planning for the week he comes home to Mexico.  It does feel like a spiritual home.  The Mexican people are so warm and loving.

Ask God for wisdom if you lack it.  I have the privilege of leading and mentoring three young women this summer.  At times it is hard to know how to help them and guide them, but today I asked God to pour out his wisdom and he did.  I love being here, in the middle of God's will for my life.  I pray that all of you who read this will find his will for you.  Really the center of God's will is just loving him, and following what he says to do each moment.  It's really as simple as that, although it seems so hard to live out sometimes!  It is an amazing feeling in those moments when we can get it right.

3 comments:

  1. Bummer! I am glad Adah is okay! Praying for a quick recovery! Isnt it funny how having a baby changes your pain tolerance, and I didnt even have a vaginal birth! I have had a sprained wrist for 6 months and can not even open jars with one of my hands but its not a big deal. I gotta take care of caleb and need the hand so it cant be casted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember: RICE for sprains--R-rest; I-ice; C-compression (with an ACE bandage); E-elevate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your ankle is feeling better. Listen to your sisters advice!!!

    ReplyDelete