Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Just a few more days

It's hard to believe that the summer is coming to a close.  This week the interns are out working on some roofs in a nearby village.  I have been enjoying being at home with Adah this week.  There aren't any teams here this week, so it's been a nice change of pace.  I think I'm learning how to hang out with Adah.  It has been an adjustment because pre-baby I did different things than I do now with her.  I am learning to go with the flow of the day and not really expect to get a lot of things done, but just focus on taking care of her and what she needs.  She eats, then we play for a little bit, then she usually takes a short cat nap, then we take a bath, then I make some food for me, then more playing, maybe some diaper free time, experimenting with a bottle, laughs and tickles and little baby/mommy conversations.

It has been amazing watching her grow this summer.  She has gotten so big!  I eel so privileged to be a part of her life.  At times I am sad that she is getting bigger, but then I think, why am I sad?  She needs to grow so that she can go out and conquer the world!  I would be really upset if she wasn't growing!!

This summer, 127 Mexicans made first time decisions for Christ.  This has been a different summer, with the lack of teams coming in.  But because it was different, we were able to do some new things.  Having the Mexicans come and do ministry for two weeks was one of the best results of the lack of U.S. teams.  I'm not really sure why we never did this before, because it was amazing to be able to partner with them, watch them grow, and equip them to reach their own people.  The Mexican evangelical church has a lack of leaders, so these youth will be tomorrow's leaders.  They learned how to work with children, adults, and young people.  The effects of their time here will have a lasting impact for all of eternity.  I could see Rancho YUGO having many more Mexican teams in the future.  The key will be to figure out how much it costs for them to be here, because our normal $250 fee is too much for most Mexicans.  It will be neat to see them start to raise support next year for their time here.

I am looking forward to the next months back in my Columbus home.  I feel like I am starting to get a grip on how quickly that time goes by.  We get back to Columbus, rest a bit, I start back to teaching, then comes the holidays and Mexicali.  Then we come back, Linn usually goes to the YUGO staff retreat, then two weeks of outreach in Mexicali in April...then time to go back to Mexico in June.  I am praying that God uses us to raise up more workers for the harvest field this year.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for an amazing end to the summer for you guys!

    You will find that you are able to get more and more done. In the last month Caleb has started being able to really play with toys and play in jolly jumpers etc. Its pretty amazing to be able to put him on the floor with a bunch of toys and get stuff done!

    Bottles...Tori had this special bottle..it is designed to be very close to breastfeeding, it even has a "let down" I think its by first years.

    We are proud of you guys!

    ReplyDelete