Saturday, August 15, 2009

New Bible, New Believer

So today was pretty much amazing.  I got to buy Claudia her first Bible.  I wanted to get her a Bible that she could understand.  She had been given one, but it was in a language that was really hard for her to understand, if not incomprehensible for her.  It was also old and had someone else's highlightings in it.  So we went to a Christian bookstore today and got her a leather bound NIV for teens.  (NVI Nueva Versión Internacional in Spanish)  It also has colorful pages in it that are basically like devotionals.  They explain things like, "Why should I love my parents even when they're wrong?" and "Where does the Virgin Mary fit into Christianity?"  Stuff that's pertinent to the Mexican culture and teens in general.  It is really colorful and just something that a teen would like.  It's hard for me to remember that she's still a young person because she has experienced so much heartache in her life.  I am learning that Mexicans are really modest when you give them things.  When we got in the car, she said, "This is the most beautiful gift I have ever received!"  Later on she said that she was always going to keep the Bible in its box so that it could stay nice.

Keep praying for us for wisdom as we try to help her with her situation.  It is really hard to explain it all here, but just know that she needs lots of prayer and we need lots of prayer to know how to help her best in our final week here.

God has a wonderful plan for her life...I just know it!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thats so great. I am praying and I have a NIV spanish bible from when I did study abroad down there. I should bring it to you next time I am in Ohio maybe you can use it...certainly more than its getting used on my dusty bookcase!

    ReplyDelete