Saturday, August 22, 2009

On our way home!

We left the ranch this morning.  It was bittersweet, and always is.  Linn, my mom, Adah and I are in a hotel in San Diego because my mom, Adah and I are flying out tomorrow morning at 6:45am.  Linn's good friend Keo is flying in tomorrow morning at 11:00am and they are going to start the drive home Monday.  It was hard leaving Claudia because she became like a little sister to me while we were there.  She is going to be staying at the ranch with another missionary family.  Next week Pastor Martin (President of YUGO Mexico) is going to see if she can stay at the Children's home after that.  Pray that God continues to open doors in her life.  Her 15th birthday is on this coming Wednesday, and so we had a surprise birthday party for her last night.  It was so amazing to see her get showered with love.  The interns did such a good job putting on the party for her.  We all have grown to love her so much.  This morning before we left she handed me a rose and said, "You are like this rose. You are beautiful like this rose."  She is so gifted in poetry and I'm excited to see where that might lead in her life.

We taught her how to use the computer and the internet this Thursday.  She had never used a computer before.  She took to it right away and began looking up poetry to write down.  I hope she gets the opportunity to go to school soon!!

God has blessed us so much this summer.  I am looking forward to the ministry opportunities that God has for us in our second home in Columbus.  I feel like I go home at the end of August to Columbus and I go home in June to Mexico.  It's pretty awesome.

1 comment: